All 9 art Reviews

Living Eyes Living Eyes

I think what gets me is that the capillaries in her eyes move too. nice detail!

ElDiogo responds:

Thanks for noticing it :D I really appreciate when people get that type of details from the stuff I do :D

DualSauce Challenge: Neona! DualSauce Challenge: Neona!

This is generally a pretty solid drawing, but you've got to put more time into faces. Hers is lifeless and stiff compared to everything else in the picture. The bubble gum feels like a last minute thought too.

Commission - Cerri Commission - Cerri

I feel like the bright oranges/reds in her body are a little distracting, but this is otherwise a great piece!

FuShark responds:

Yeh, maybe I did go a bit overboard with the saturation in those areas. Thanks GG!

Attack on Titan Dragon (digital coloured) Attack on Titan Dragon (digital coloured)

The version you uploaded here is huuuuggee. I wanted a closer look, but not that close. I like the soft colors here, but the over saturated blues/violets don't make any sense to me. The mist at the bottom, kind of flowing trough the spikes on his tail, looks really cool though.

SkillSkillFiretruck responds:

haha. Cheers GrossGirl. I felt the blue/violet light thing felt like a good counterpoint, adds to the overall colour scheme and mood. Suppose to be like a lens flare thing in a good way. The image reminds me of Greymon as well when I added it in.

Koi Nami Koi Nami

This is really good! Love the colors! Great contrast too. A lot of pixel artists lose details and I don't see that here at all. I wonder it would push her pose a little more of her head weren't leaning back at the same angle as her torso?

moawling responds:

You bring up a good point, not to mention that the alignment of her head, shoulders, hips, pretty much run parallel to each other, making the image a lot more static than I would like it to be. I'll definitely invest in more dynamic poses in the future. Thanks for your input!

Nick Wilde of Zootopia Nick Wilde of Zootopia

It's kind of hard to make out the details with how blurry it is, but from what I can see, you have a pretty good sense of form. I love your color choices too

maficmelody responds:

Thanks! You're not missing any details, this was purely a ruff character animation exercise so the shapes and forms are ridiculously basic. The take-away from this exercise was defining the importance of a "line of action".

Hateful three Hateful three

I love Kurt Russel's face here!

Spike crown Spike crown

cool! If you decide to go back into this one, I'd suggest cleaning up his hair/crown. The rough lines work well, but some of the solid colors have holes in it, and it being so close to the incredibly polished face, it doesn't feel as purposeful as the roughness lightly scattered around the parameter.

P-cate responds:

AH yeah xD, it's not really ultra finished art either. As you can see, the chest is kind of rough too, so yeah.After it's personall art and i actually like it the way it is. But thank you for pointing that out!

Samurai Pizza Cats! Samurai Pizza Cats!

Awesome!!